TSR is the European market leader in the recycling of steel scrap and non-ferrous metals with over 150 operation sites and nearly 2,400 employees in Germany and abroad. For TSR, steel recycling is an indispensable part of the recycling industry. TSR is not only a supplier to the steel industry but is also an intermediary between suppliers and customers. Processing is carried out using the latest equipment such as baling machines, shears and shredders.
The 1996 take-over by Thyssen Handelsunion of Thyssen Sonnenberg GmbH, a company founded in 1890, and the scrap iron and scrap metal division of Klöckner & Co founded in 1906, led to an organisation which derived from two leading German steel producers.
In 1998, the Dutch corporation SHV (Steenkolen Handels-Vereeniging) bought a 60% stake: since then the company has used the well-known TSR logo. SHV took over the remaining shares in the company in October 2000.
REMONDIS AG & Co. KG, a company of water- and recycling management (based in Lünen), bought 60% of the shares of the TSR Group in 2007. The remaining 40% are shared by the Crominet Group (20%) and the Italian steel producer Alfa Acciai (20%).
The TSR Group generates turnover of more than € 3.5 billion, handling approx. 8,5 million tones annually.
The main activities are:
Edwin Leijnse (Chairman), Ulrich Althoff, Bernd Fleschenberg, Hermann Holstein, Wolfgang Kämper